Create a game concept in 6 hours!
"Wait what...? only 6 hours? I can't make a game in 6 hours, even 48 hours is usually cutting it close for even a simple game."
#6HourGameJam is not about creating a normal jam game, this is about creating a concept or single mechanic.
Most importantly #6HourGameJam is to learn and stretch yourself!
- A programmer could make a fun but simple working prototype using colored boxes.
- An artist could create scenes, and develop characters for a brand new game world.
- A musician could compose tracks or theme music based on the jam theme.
- A designer could sketch storyboards, and write character backstories/dialogue.
Is this a competition?
No, just for fun.
Who can participate, and how?
Anyone in the whole world! Just submit your game by the deadline (TBA)
Okay, what are the rules?
- Everyone starts when the theme is unveiled at 1pm. there will be one theme selected from the list, everyone will use the same theme.
- Work solo on your game, no teams.
-Wait!! I can't program!
This is about exploring a concept - if you only do art, come up with an idea, draw some characters / backgrounds/ design a few levels and write a bit about how your game would work.
- No existing/premade assets. (feel free to add those post-jam, but not in the version you submit!)
- You own your game, you just give #6HourGameJam the right to keep it on our site.
- You are free to make post-jam versions, make money etc You own your game.
- You must host your game yourself! (try itch.io)
In-Person 6 Hour Game Jams around the world:
GameDevLou - Louisville KY